Hi, I’m Liz! I’m the creator of Travel the City. I’m a writer, strategist, teacher, and reluctant illustrator, but what I’m most passionate about is traveling and everything that comes with it! I love discovering new places, trying new things, and meeting new people. It took me a while to realize it, but these are all things you can do without having to take a vacation…you can do it in your own city! So over the past couple of years, I’ve been traveling in my own neighborhood of Bonifacio Global City (BGC). Since I started exploring and making the most out of life in BGC, many of my friends now rely on me to keep them in the loop with what’s new and what’s going on.
Consider this blog my invitation for you to come along as I travel around this city! Let’s discover delicious meals, great music, cheap eats, secret menus, holes-in-the-wall, hidden rooftops, quiet corners, rare exhibits, unusual activities, and all things beautiful, fun, and unexpected. If you’d like to explore with me and get updates on restaurants, events, activities, workshops, discounts, freebies, insider tips, and more, follow Travel the City on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
COLLABORATIONS, FEATURES, AND ADVERTISING INQUIRIES
BGC restaurant owners, retailers, and event planners: For inquiries on features or advertising opportunities, shoot me a note here, and let’s talk about how we can work together!
My BGC Favorites
- Homemade bacon at Single Origin (High Street Central)
- Sunrise Adobo at Early Bird Breakfast Club (The Fort Strip)
- Sweet and spicy tuyo w/brown rice at Recovery Food (Bonifacio Stopover or Crossroads)
- Cheese waffle, banana pancakes, or smoked tinapa at Pancake House (High Street or Burgos Circle)
- Working at Luna Cafe (High Street – but bring your own data connection if you need internet access) or Single Origin (High Street Central)
- Cheeseburger, sweet potato fries, and Stanford x Shaw ginger ale at Sweet Ecstasy (Uptown Parade)
- Grilled cheese sandwich at Melt Grilled Cheesery (Uptown Mall)
- My ideal Filipino dinner: Gising-gising at Abe (Serendra) + Isaw at Sarsa (The Forum) + Garlicky Adobo and Bagoong Rice at Manam (Net Park Building)
- Buffet at Niu by Vikings (SM Aura)
- Egg McMuffin at McDonald’s (Forbes Town Center and Market Market)
- Oh Crab Lah! salad (I like it finely chopped, with less dressing, and substitute the red onions with mango or corn) at SaladStop (High Street Central Square or Burgos Circle)
- Farmhouse salad and organic melon green tea or agua fresca at Green Pastures (Net Park Building)
- Guava or guyabano sorbets, pistachio or avocado ice cream (having it on a cone is a MUST) at Farmacy Ice Cream & Soda Fountain (Net Lima building)
- FamilyMart softserve ice cream
- Protein Berry Workout, Orange Dream Machine, or Peanut Butter Moo’d smoothies from Jamba Juice
- Drive thru Starbucks!
- Board games at Puzzles (The Fort Strip)
- Bingsu at Hobing Dessert Cafe (Bonifacio Stopover and SM Aura)
- Sushi that arrives on a train at Genki Sushi (Bonifacio Stopover)…kids love it!
- Midnight movies at Uptown Mall
- Working off all the calories (I love food, as you can see) at one of the many fitness studios in BGC, thanks to GuavaPass. Saddle Row, Urban Ashram, Beyond Yoga, and LIFE Yoga are my favorites!
- Sunday church service at Victory Fort Bonifacio at the Every Nation Building (University Parkway, across Market Market)
- Art Bar in Serendra or the top floor of Fully Booked (High Street)…I love seeing art tools, sketch pads, and journals!
- Successfully escaping one of the Breakout Manila rooms at Serendra
- Quiet time and photo walks at the Manila American Cemetery (it’s beautiful, and not as creepy as it sounds…trust me!)
I’ve got a whole lot more, but I’ll save my other recommendations for another time.
What are your BGC favorites? Let me know, I’d love your suggestions!